Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Evaluation- What did you learn from doing it?

Evaluation

What did you learn from doing it?
I gained a lot of knowledge from making this prelim, for example, I learnt how to use soundtrack pro, how to put two pieces of music together to get one sound track, I also learnt how to input text (conventions) on to the clip from final cut pro. 
Using soundtrack pro taught me how to mix sounds together, how to blend them, and also how to input the final sounds into the film. (screenshot of soundtrack pro)
Learning mistakes gives us more knowledge about our real thriler, and what not to do, for example, we learnted how important mise-en-scene is when filming, and we made an error when using the doors, as I was walking out after collecting the drugs. This has got me informed for not to make a mistake like that for the real things. As a group, we thinks our camera understanding has improved very much even though Emily was our main camera girl. Watching her record certain shots (e.g. shot reserve shot between mine and Sian's conversation) has given us confidence and ability in our groups recording ability. I learnted that editing was the most important process in making this prelim, as editing the shots, sounds, and titles, creates the whole tone of the prelim therefore editing plays an important role and we should be fully aware of that when editing our real opening thriller.


No comments:

Post a Comment