Thursday, 17 January 2013

Health&Safety tutorial.

Health and Safety tutorial.

 
Before i could use any recording equiptment i had to learn how to use the equiptment safely and learn how to produce the best work i could. I was introduced to a tripod and a JVC recording camera. I was taught how to set up the tripod (by opening up the locks on each 'leg' and adjusting the height) and how to use to camera. I was taught how to turn the camera on and off, how to attatch it to the tripod safely and securley, how to manually focus the camera (by zooming into the person/object until the shot is clear) and how to incert the memory cards correctly. I also learnt about the rule of three in the tutorial, i watched some clips from 'Mean girls' and 'American beauty'. I learnt about an 'over the sholder shot', this is when the main character takes up two thirds of the frame and the other character takes up one third of the frame. I also learnt that when you are filming there should be no space above a persons head.
 
                                                          

                             Tripod.                                              JVC recording camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment